A captivated audience listening spellbound to tales of crime on the South Coast with author Pauline Rowson


Pauline Rowson entertaining the crowd at Stubbington U3A

 "Congratulations on an excellent presentation, you certainly held the audience and many of them spoke to me on their way home expressing their appreciation. Many thanks for a memorable afternoon." Stubbington U3 A

Over ninety people turned out in the village of Stubbington, Hampshire to hear me talk about my crime novels and how I research, plot and write them.  There were many DI Andy Horton fans in the audience which was great and some very keen to start reading the new Art Marvik series featuring the former marine commando who is introduced in Silent Running.


Pauline Rowson explaining how she writes her crime novels


I explained where I draw my ideas from, which is often from locations on the South Coast of England or from overheard conversations; how I create my characters using mind maps; how I use a storyboard to plot the novels and how I research them. After my talk there was as usual a Q & A which was followed by a book signing over tea.


Pauline Rowson talking about how she develops her plot lines for her crime novels


Pauline Rowson talking to members of the audience and signing copies of her crime novels

The U3A movement is huge in the UK and growing by the day.  It stands for the University of the Third Age and is an organisation that brings together retired and semi-retired people to learn together, not for qualifications but for its own reward: the joy of discovery.

My thanks to Stubbington U3A for inviting me to talk.

See all my events for 2015 and 2016.

To inquire or to book me to speak to your organisation please contact me.



Fatal Catch is the twelfth in the DI Andy Horton crime series published in the UK in hardcover by Severn House Publishers. Released as an ebook and available on Kindle from 20 December (the perfect Christmas present - dare I say)  and it will be published in hardcover in the USA on the 1 January 2016.

The DI Andy Horton series is set in the Solent area on the South Coast of England and has recently been optioned for TV by one of the UK's top television production companies, Lime Pictures, makers of Channel 4's popular Hollyoaks, who are seeking to bring the flawed and rugged, sailing  detective, Andy Horton, to the TV screens.







 


Silent Running, an Art Marvik marine crime novel by Pauline Rowson

The Art Marvik series is also set around the sea, but Marvik's patch goes further than Andy's, which is Portsmouth, the surrounding harbours, the Solent and the Isle of Wight while Marvik travels a lot on his motor cruiser to the coasts of Dorset, Hampshire and East Sussex.  Marvik, a civilian, is attached to the National Intelligence Marine Squad (NIMS) and is assigned dangerous crime missions connected with the sea that have their origins in the past.

Silent Running is the first in the Art Marvik marine crime series.







During my talk I also spoke about the inspiration behind one of my stand-alone thrillers In Cold Daylight based on a true story about firefighters dying of cancer.

One man's quest to discover the truth behind the deaths of fire fighters


Before fire-fighter Jack Bartholomew can reveal the cause of his own and his colleagues’ cancer he is murdered and silenced forever. But in a cryptic message he orchestrated before his untimely death, he has left a trail of clues that will lead his best friend, Marine Artist, Adam Greene, into a labyrinth of lies, secrets and government conspiracy.

 


And for all you DI Andy Horton fans and for many of you wanting to know what really happened to Andy's mother after she abandoned him when he was ten more is revealed in DI Andy Horton 12, Fatal Catch

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.