Two special guests joined Pauline Rowson for her crime writing talk at Fareham Library

Two special guests attended my talk at Fareham Library on 17 May as part of the Crime Writers' Association National Crime Reading Month. I was joined by two Guide Dogs for the blind (and their owners) and the dogs listened attentively as I talked about my crime novels and myr crime busting fictional heroes, the flawed and rugged DI Andy Horton, my undercover investigator, Art Marvik a former Royal Marine Commando and my new 1950 detective, Inspector Alun Ryga who sees his debut investigation in September 2019 with a baffling crime on Portland Island, Dorset. Perhaps I've recruited two new fans!


Fareham Library Pauline Rowson demonstrating her plot lines

I explained how locations along the south coast of England provide the inspiration for my crime novels  of which there are now nineteen and how I turn these ideas into her multi-layered and gripping plots. I also talked about how I develop plot lines by creating a storyboard; how I create characters using spider-grams and how I research the police procedure and the forensic aspects of my crime novels.

Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels at Fareham Library


Pauline Rowson answering a question at Fareham Library

Following my talk there was a lively question and answer session and a book signing. It was a pleasure to talk to the lovely audience at Fareham Library.

There are fourteen in the Inspector Andy Horton police procedural series set in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight; three Art Marvik mystery thrillers  set along the south coast including the Jurassic coast of Dorset and the Downs of East Sussex, Beachy Head and Cuckmere Haven; and two standalone thrillers.
 




Dead Passage is the latest Inspector Andy Horton mystery to be published, number 14 in the series. available in paperback, as an ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo

A mysterious telephone call sends Horton on a complex and twisted investigation into the death of a local politician twelve years ago and uncovers a trail of lies, secrets and revenge with roots deep in the past.

"A detective novel in the tradition of Rankin and Harvey." Mystery People Magazine










 
Lost Voyage is the latest Art Marvik mystery thriller, number 3 in the series.

Marvik faces a desperate battle to save others from a ruthless assassin who will stop at nothing in order to protect the secret of the Mary Jo’s last voyage from ever being exposed

"Plenty of action, I didn't want to put the book down. A good read for mystery/ thriller fans." Net Galley


My next crime to be published in September 2019 is the first in a brand new series set in 1950 England introducing Scotland Yard detective, Inspector Alun Ryga who is called up to solve coastal crimes. DEATH IN THE COVE is set on Portland Island, Dorset.

Death in the Cove will be published in paperback, as an e book, on Amazon Kindle and on Kobo and as an audio book on 26 September 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.