Crime was on the agenda at Totton Library with author Pauline Rowson

I was pleased to entertain the small but perfectly formed and excited audience at Totton Library, Southampton on 20 June with tales of murder, mystery and mayhem. I talked to fifteen readers about how I write my crime novels and my crime busting fictional heroes, the flawed and rugged DI Andy Horton, (14) my undercover investigator, Art Marvik a former Royal Marine Commando (3); my two standalone thrillers and my new 1950 Scotland Yard detective, Inspector Alun Ryga who sees his debut investigation in September 2019 with a baffling crime on Portland Island, Dorset.

I explained how locations along the south coast of England provide the inspiration for my mystery thrillers of which there are now twenty and how I turn these ideas into multi-layered and gripping plots, how I develop plot lines, create characters using spidergrams and how I research my crime novels. All my mystery thrillers are set against the backdrop of the ever changing sea on the south coast of England.

Pauline Rowson at Totton Library, Southampton

Following my talk there was a lively question and answer session and a book signing. My thanks to all who came and to Totton an Hampshire Libraries for hosting the event.

Dead Passage is the latest Inspector Andy Horton mystery to be published, number 14 in the series, available in paperback, as an ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo.

A mysterious telephone call sends Horton on a complex and twisted investigation into the death of a local politician twelve years ago and uncovers a trail of lies, secrets and revenge with roots deep in the past.

"A detective novel in the tradition of Rankin and Harvey." Mystery People Magazine









Lost Voyage is the latest Art Marvik mystery thriller, number 3 in the series. Marvik faces a desperate battle to save others from a ruthless assassin who will stop at nothing in order to protect the secret of the Mary Jo’s last voyage from ever being exposed. "Plenty of action, I didn't want to put the book down. A good read for mystery/ thriller fans." Net Galley













My next crime to be published  on 26 September 2019, the first in a brand new series set in 1950 England introducing Scotland Yard detective, Inspector Alun Ryga who is called up to solve coastal crimes. DEATH IN THE COVE is set on Portland Island, Dorset.

It will be published in paperback, as an e book, on Amazon Kindle and on Kobo and as an audio book on 26 September. Available for pre-order.

Recently promoted to Inspector at Scotland Yard the former merchant navy seaman and German prisoner-of-war is despatched to the Island of Portland in Dorset to solve an unusual and baffling case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.