With murder in mind at the Women's Institute

I was delighted to entertain members of Woodlands (New Forest) Women's Institute on Wednesday 6 November 2019 with tales of the murderous goings on in my crime novels, all set against the backdrop of the sea on the South Coast of England.

Woodlands WI Pauline Rowson entertaining members with tales of her fictional sleuths

My fictional sleuths have been busy solving twenty crimes. There's the flawed and rugged Portsmouth copper, DI Andy Horton, (14) my undercover investigator, Art Marvik a former Royal Marine Commando (3) my two standalone thrillers, Adam Green in  IN COLD DAYLIGHT and Alex Albury in IN FOR THE KILL and my most recent sleuth,  Inspector Alun Ryga who is introduced in my new 1950 set mystery, DEATH IN THE COVE.

Woodlands WI Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels

I talked about how locations provide the inspiration for my mystery crime novels; how I develop the plots; create the characters and how I conduct the research.  Following my talk there was a lively question and answer session , a book signing and yummy homemade cake!


Woodlands WI Pauline Rowson explaining how she plots her novels

  

DEAD PASSAGE is the latest Inspector Andy Horton mystery to be published, number 14 in the series. Available in paperback, as an ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo.
 A mysterious telephone call sends Horton on a complex and twisted investigation into the death of a local politician twelve years ago and uncovers a trail of lies, secrets and revenge with roots deep in the past.  
"A detective novel in the tradition of Rankin and Harvey." Mystery People Magazine 
DEATH IN THE COVE is published in paperback, ebook, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo and as an  audio book narrated by Jonathan Rhodes and published by B7 Media. 

England 1950, a country still struggling to come to terms with peace in the grip of austerity and rationing.  

When the body of a man wearing a pinstriped suit is found in a secluded bay on Portland Island, Dorset Scotland Yard detective, Inspector Alun Ryga is sent to investigate. 

'Death in the Cove is a great read and one I recommend to any crime fans.' BH Living Magazine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.