Book signings come in all forms


It's been book signing week as no doubt you've gathered from my previous posts. Hythe Library on Tuesday, the Plessey Retirement Association yesterday, and today I've been in my local bookshop, The Hayling Island Bookshop, to do another signing on the publication of my marine mystery, Deadly Waters. It went really well and I was delighted to meet up with so many of my readers and meet new ones. Being on home ground it's a more relaxing signing than on strange ground where you're always wondering if anyone will turn up.


There was a packed audience at the Plessey Retirement Association yesterday, a lovely and lively crowd and they bought tons of books - God bless them. They meet every month and organise lots of social events. I think it's a great idea and it seems so unusual in today's climate where businesses seem to be smaller and people no longer retire after working for one company for many years because we all hop jobs so much now. And, generally, when many people retire they can't wait to get shot of their workplace. So well done Plessey for making your employees feel so involved and belonging that they all want to meet up after retirement. Not only that but they all return to the workplace where they meet in the staff canteen. Thank you for making me so welcome and I hope to return next year when The Suffocating Sea and Dead Man's Wharf are published in paperback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.