Missed it in The Sunday Times

A member of the Hayling Island Forum posted me a comment this morning to tell me that I had made the letters page in The Sunday Times and I missed it! A week ago last Sunday I was roused enough to leave a comment on the Sunday Times web site and lo and behold a slightly truncated version appeared in the newspaper on Sunday. What spurred me on to put fingers to keyboard was the sheer hypocrisy of this environmental debate. The Sunday Times Magazine carried a big spread on the environment and our doomed planet and what we can do to save it, whilst in the business section there was an article on the expansion of Heathrow airport. Here is an extract of my comments, which appeared in the newspaper:


" What is the point of stopping shops from giving out plastic bags, switching off our lights, turning down the heating, changing lightbulbs and so on when 240,000 more planes will be in the skies by the end of the next decade?" So there you go! What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.