Photo shoot and radio show

I attended the photo shoot for the publicity for the Havant Literary Festival this morning with fellow authors, Brian Clarke and saga writer Dee Williams. ( I'm on the right holding a copy of THE SUFFOCATING SEA.) The children are from Warblington School. The photograph was for The News, Portsmouth's daily newspaper. I think an article is to appear in Wednesday's edition.

As part of the festival I'm giving a talk about my novels on Saturday 27 September between 10.30am and 12.30pm at Havant Arts Centre. There is a packed programme of events throughout the course of the festival which runs from 25 September to 28 September, with something for everyone. You can check it out on the web site http://www.havantlitfest.hampshire.org.uk/

Then it was on to Angel Radio. It seemed to go very well, it must have done because they've asked me back to do a more in depth radio show at a later date. It's a fascinating radio station run by volunteers with an eclectic mix of music ranging from the Big Band sound to Jazz, Nat King Cole and all sorts of music in between including some very old scratched recordings. Whilst I was there someone had requested a very peculiar song, I can't recall the exact name of it but it was something to do with killing a tiger on an elephant! Not very PC and I could be wrong but it was sung with a Yorkshire accent (I think) so if anybody has the faintest idea of the song I'm talking about please let me know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Pauline
The non PC record you heard on Angel Radio is from about 1929, which is probably why it was so scratchy. The title is "Hunting Tigers out in India". Quite a few of the old 1920s and 1930s dance bands recorded this novelty song. It was even revived in the 1960s by the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
Pauline Rowson said…
Thanks for the information. The song really made me laugh. Must see if I can use it in a novel! Pauline.

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.