Copy Edits, Cornwall and Newcastle

I have just finished going through the copy-edit proofs for DEAD MAN'S WHARF, the new DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime novel due to be published in hardback on 29 April 2009. There weren't any revisions to the manuscript thank goodness and only a few small alterations but this is a task that I am not overly fond of. Why? Because I have an irresistible urge to keep changing what I have written. I always think I could improve a word here, a sentence or a paragraph there, but this is often because I am over-critical of what I have written. Now I have pressed the send button and it is back on my editor's desk with my fingers crossed that I don't have to go through it again. I'm looking forward to seeing the jacket cover design soon.


The fifth DI Andy Horton Marine Mystery

I'm also on the third revisions of the following DI Andy Horton marine mystery, which will be the fifth in the series and I have to say it is coming along a treat. Even I think it is a cracking story. I hope my readers do when it is published. I'm not sure when this will be, but hopefully later this year or early 2010.


And so to Cornwall...


I am off to Cornwall in May to give a talk to the The Coffee and Crime Club at St Ives Library. Sounds like it's going to be fun. And all that lovely Cornish scenery. Could spark a visiting location for Andy Horton in his yacht... For further details and tickets please contact: Maureen Twose,Reader Development & Outreach Officer,Redruth Library,Cornwall County Council, Mobile: 07967 340937mtwose@cornwall.gov.ukhttp://www.cornwall.gov.uk

And while I am in that part of the UK I would like to arrange some further talks. So if anyone reading this in Cornwall or Devon would like me to give a talk to their club, association, group, library or whatever then please e mail my lovely PA, Alison, on arogers@rowmark.co.uk


Next stop Newcastle...


I am also north of the border in September. No, not Scotland but Newcastle. It is many years since I have been there, and I am looking forward to returning and to meeting some of my readers in that neck of the woods.

On 29 September I will be helping the City of Newcastle celebrate the opening of their new library by giving a talk about my thrillers and marine mystery crime novels at 2pm. For tickets please contact Sheila Naughton at sheila.naughton@newcastle.gov.uk or call +44 0191 278 4200.

Then in the evening of the 29 September 2009 I will be giving a talk at North Tyneside - Wallsend Library, Ferndale Avenue, Wallsend at 7pm. For tickets and further information contact Linda Reynolds on 0191 200 7339/6968 or e-mail: linda.reynolds@northtyneside.gov

Again, if any organisation in or around that area would also like me to give a talk, please contact Alison at arogers@rowmark.co.uk

They'll be more events happening throughout the year so I'll keep you all posted. Meanwhile if you are organising an event and would like me to give a talk, whereever you might be - though outer Mongolia might pose some problems - then I'd be delighted to hear from you. Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.