I'm tickled pink- a starred review

I've just heard from my publisher that DEAD MAN'S WHARF, the fourth and latest in the marine mystery crime series featuring my rugged and flawed detective, Inspector Andy Horton, has been given a *starred* review by the American review magazine, Kirkus.

I'll put a link to the Kirkus web site when the review goes live, which will be (I am told) in a couple of weeks time. But be warned, their synopsis does rather give away a lot of the plot, so I won't reprint it here because I don't want to spoil it for those of you who want to read the novel. This, however, is their summing up of DEAD MAN'S WHARF.

'Rowson turns out an exemplary procedural with the requisite plot twists, double-crosses and all loose ends tied up neatly in a sailor’s knot.' Kirkus (USA)

It's important for new authors to get positive reviews because it takes time in a crowded and competitive marketplace for readers to discover your work. These positive reviews help to raise the author's profile, and introduce him or her to new readers. They also help to boost sales, which keeps the publisher happy!

But it's not only these 'official' reviews that are important to an author, equally important (and often more so) are readers reviews because they help to spread the word. Word of mouth recommendation is a powerful marketing tool. Although I know that I can't please all the people all the time, and that not everyone will love my novels (it is art and therefore subjective), I am always delighted when my readers take the time and trouble to let me know how much they enjoy my crime novels. Thank you. I'm also delighted when the reviewers give me good reviews!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.