I've been invited to the Lord Mayor of Portsmouth's Dinner Party

I've been invited to an all female dinner party tonight by the Right Worshipful The Lord Mayor of the City of Portsmouth Councillor Cheryl Buggy where I will be one of her guests celebrating 'successful women.' That's nice, isn't it? I'll be joining some high city flyers and the movers and shakers in the female world of Portsmouth who include fellow authors, Betty Burton and Lisa Clark.

I was invited in May to Cheryl Buggy's Mayor Making ceremony and have known Cheryl for some years first when she was a broadcast journalist working for an independent radio station, now she runs one!

Express FM covers stories about life in South East Hampshire a mixture of music and interviews.  I've been on several times talking about my DI Andy Horton crime novels and my thrillers and always enjoy it.  The radio station is legally prohibited from distributing profits, there are no shareholders and every penny they receive is invested in helping people communicate.  Sounds like a good mission to me.

I'm looking forward to the evening. Only trouble is what do I wear?!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.