Next DI Andy Horton (number 12) well under way

The next DI Andy Horton number twelve is well under way.  I started writing this new DI Andy Horton crime novel on 12 October 2013 and finished the first draft on 4 December 2013, so that's pretty good going.  Of course it is nowhere near ready yet and will pass through many revisions before I am happy enough with it to send it to my publisher, Severn House. 

I like to set myself target dates for my writing and hope that I can complete this DI Andy Horton by April 2014 which is the date when the new DI Andy , number eleven, is to be published. More about that later.

Every writer is different in their approach to their work.  For me, once I have the idea and a basic outline I like to start the creative writing as soon as possible, usually after about two weeks of research. Then I like to get the first draft written quickly with limited editing. Once I have the story with its plots, subplots and characters on my computer I can then go back over it and shape it, flesh out the characters, refine the plots and sub plots, make sure the clues are all there and the red herrings of course and  that everything hangs together.

Meanwhile  DI Andy Horton number ten, Death Surge which is already published in the UK and Commonwealth will be published in the USA on 1 January when it will also be released as an e book.





"A crisply written, cleverly plotted procedural with a nice twist, Rowson’s latest also continues the intriguing saga of Andy’s search for the mother who disappeared in mysterious circumstances when he was a child." Booklist.

"Rowson plunges readers into the midst of the  series’ intricate backstory in her 10th Det. Insp. Andy Horton mystery (after 2013’s Undercurrent).  Within three  pages, a newcomer may feel as if he or she is already catching up. The  fast-paced narrative with its multiple theories, will draw readers along.” Publishers Weekly

‘A high quality puzzle… a devious plot.  Death Surge is a taut and exciting investigation into a disappearance which turns into a murder hunt….all very enjoyable.’ David Marshall


'This excellent police procedural is the twelfth mystery by Pauline Rowson.  I was gripped until the last page of this very well structured and plotted story. Recommended.' Terry Halligan, Eurocrime
 
You might also like to listen and watch a video about me talking about writing first drafts and revisions.



Buy Pauline Rowson's Books on Amazon


Buy from your local bookshop

 

Buy Pauline Rowson's books at your local bookshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.