What's on in July 2019 for crime author Pauline Rowson

It's heating up for the summer now here in England and soon the children will break up from school and we'll be into the silly season of beach huts, bathing, beach combing and boating. Not to mention sunstroke, sunburn and swimming!

It's the quiet season for me as regards giving talks with only one slotted in for 9 July at Woolston Library.  I'm looking forward to meeting readers and telling them about the inspiration behind my crime novels.

Although it might be summer and less activity on the talks front there's no rest for the wicked, (not that I am that wicked, you'll have to take my word for that) or rather I should say no rest for an author.  Over the next few weeks or so I'll be walking the coastal paths on the south coast of England (as always looking for a good place to put a body) and although it may be summer, in my mind I'll be in the depths of winter with Inspector Alun Ryga, my new 1950 Scotland Yard detective as he embarks on his second mystery in the East Sussex harbour town of Newhaven.

My regular readers will know that Newhaven is featured in another of my mystery thriller novels, Lost Voyage, with undercover investigator, Art Marvik.  Marvik's missions are very much in the present but for Ryga it is December 1950 in Newhaven where a police constable has been found dead and his wife is missing.

Enough of that for now because readers have yet to meet my new thoughtful, quiet Scotland Yard detective in the first in the mystery series DEATH IN THE COVE due out in paperback, e book, Kindle and Kobo and audio book on 25 September.




Death in the Cove, an Inspector Ryga mystery by Pauline Rowson

I'm very much looking forward to getting feedback from readers on my new crime busting hero, former German prisoner of war, quiet hero, Ryga.  I like him a lot and his side kick war photographer Eva Paisley.  You can read about them in a forthcoming blog this month.


Then in August I'll be doing a final read through of DI Andy Horton 15 which is scheduled for publication in 2020.  It might be the last Andy Horton, on the other hand I do have an idea for another one ...

More updates on my blog and more news over the coming months and you can always subscribe to my monthly newsletter for the latest news.

9 July 2019 Woolston Library, Southampton, 2pm.  Tickets from Woolston Library, Centenary Quay, Victoria Rd, Southampton SO19 9EF Telephone: 023 8083 3007


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.