Guest speaker, stormy weather and DI Horton revisions

Another stormy day on the south coast of England and another day of catching up with my writing, although I need a little sort out of the plot lines first. Nevertheless the next DI Horton is steaming along. I aim to finish this second draft by Christmas and then it will be revision time until, hopefully, it is ready in March.


I explained how I write my marine mystery crime novels yesterday at a charity lunch in aid of the Wessex Cancer Trust, which was held at The Concorde Club on the outskirts of Southampton. I was guest speaker and there was a good crowd there.  The lunch was splendid and at the last count they had raised £800 for the charity, which is great news.


I signed tons of books and introduced my novels to new readers.  I hope they enjoy them.




It is almost my final event before Christmas.  I have one more to undertake next week, and that is sharing my experiences of being an author with some senior school children who have an interest in and a talent for English.  Should be fun.  More on that later.  For now it's back to DI Andy Horton number six - I must think of a title for it soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.