Wonderful Worthing

I like the people of Worthing. They turned out at the library last Thursday to hear me talk about my Marine Mysteries, bless them. What a lovely audience, so appreciative and so interested. The event, organised by the hard working staff at the library, was very successful. I also sold some books. Many thanks to Mike Morten who organised and attended the event and to Chris, whose surname I don't know.

I am a great supporter of libraries. They perform such a valuable function in the community. Coming from a non book household if it hadn't been for my local library in Baffins, Portsmouth when I was a child then I might never have discovered the wonderful world of books and become an avid reader and writer. I think it is shameful that the government are cutting the library budgets to buy books.

I am giving a talk at Portsmouth Library on Wednesday to the volunteers who take books to the housebound and to the teenage reading group. Looking forward to it. Now I am off to an independent bookshop in Ringwood, Hampshire, to do a signing. Bye for now.

Results of the votes on the jacket cover for Deadly Harbour coming soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.