Now I Know Why Miss Marple Knits


Much of a writer's time is spent staring into space, thinking through the plot, the characters, the next chapter of his or her novel, and being a kind of busy person who hates wasting time I thought surely I can be doing something productive other than staring into space agonising over that next tricky bit of my novel? So I go for a walk around the shore and across the fields, I clean the house, make a cake, go sailing and all the time my little brain is working hard in another space, another place, another world. But best of all, especially when the weather is grim, I take up my knitting needles. And here I am on a boat with the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth in the background, knitting. This was taken for a charity publicity stunt in aid of merchant seamen, hence the woolly hat which, by the way, I didn't knit. Knitting is very therapeutic, great fun and you also end up with a tangible product at the end of it, even if my cardigans leave a lot to be desired ( which I DID knit.) Whilst my needles are clicking my brain is ticking. I am currently working on a woolly hat and leg warmers for the winter, and a chunky cardigan. Hope I get them all finished before next winter!

When I remember the name of the charity I'll put it up on the blog. It's slipped my mind for now.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.