Tomorrow is D-Day!


Yes, it's the day when the short list will be announced for the TOP TEN books for World Book Day, Spread The Word 2008. Will In Cold Daylight be on that list? Have I got enough votes to take me through? All this waiting is agony, can't work for thinking of it. But I know so many of you have voted for In Cold Daylight for which I heartily thank you. And I've had e mails of support from American fire fighters who are raising money to research into fire fighter's cancer. I'll post more on that later but those of you who have read In Cold Daylight know that it is a thriller about Adam Green's quest to find out why his best friend Jack Bartholomew died.

“Before fire-fighter Jack Bartholomew can reveal the cause of his own – and his colleagues cancer- he is murdered and silenced forever. But in a cryptic message he orchestrated before his untimely death, he has left a trail of clues that will lead his best friend into a labyrinth of lies, secrets and government conspiracy.”

I have dedicated In Cold Daylight to fire fighters everywhere, the true heroes and especially to my husband Bob and his former watch, Red Watch, Southsea. If I get through to the Top Ten, and if I win the prize of £5,000, then the money will go to the Fire Service National Benevolent Fund.

You can read more about In Cold Daylight below, or click here to take you to the special web site dedicated to the novel.

Less than one day to go now, so if you'd like to vote for In Cold Daylight, I and the fire fighters of the UK would be very grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.