Thank you Denmead

I have just returned from giving a talk to a local reading group- the Denmead Reading Circle. It was their fourth anniversary of meeting and they wanted to mark it with the visit of a 'live' author. Think I qualify on those grounds - though sometimes I'm not so sure about the 'live' bit. They were a lovely and lively group of women (sadly their only male member had recently left to go into a nursing home). It was a pleasure to meet them.



I talked about how I write and read the prologue of In For The Kill before I signed copies of my books. Many of them had read some of my novels and had enjoyed them, which obviously delighted me. And many had husbands, children and grandchildren who had also read and enjoyed my novels, which is great. I don't think they were just being kind!
They presented me with some lovely flowers as a 'thank you'.

And I would like to say 'thank you' to Denmead Reading Circle for inviting me. It was a pleasure to meet you all.
My next formal speaking engagement is on 12 September, this time at Bracknell-Forest Library, Berkshire. For further information and tickets contact Bracknell-Forest Library, Town Square, Bracknell RG12 1BH Tel: 01344 423149 e mail: bracknell.library@bracknell-forest.gov.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.