Tea, talk and guide dogs


It was a great session this afternoon at the 60 + Festival held in Portsmouth, UK. I talked to a packed room of forty five adults and three lovely guide dogs - two black labradors and one golden retriever - who were very interested in my novels and my life as a writer, one especially so that he joined in with little grunts and groans.


As there were a number of visually impaired people present, it made me realise the importance and potential for audio books and for Large Print.

Two of my novels are currently available as talking books: The Suffocating Sea and Deadly Waters and I'm hoping that more will become available in time. They are in CD or casette format and as downloads. They are also available in Large Print.

There was a fairly strong feeling that talking books should be read by the author! An interesting point and something that I would consider, although the current narator, Gordon Griffin does a splendid job.


Thanks to Portsmouth City Council and Portsmouth Library for organising the event and for the scumptious cake and tea! Enjoyed by everyone except the guide dogs - sorry boys, but you were working!
 
P.S. I expect you were hoping for a picture of the guide dogs - bad luck, you got me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.