Happy Birthday to the Southsea Afternoon Women's Institute where I was guest of honour

It was the 25th birthday party of the Southsea Afternoon branch of the Women's Institute on Wednesday and I was honoured to be their guest speaker. There was a great turn out as you can see from the photograph.  (I'm the little figure at the front in the turquoise cardigan).

Clearly it is a thriving branch of the WI.  Well done ladies, thank you for asking me to talk to you about my crime novels and my marine mystery police procedurals featuring my hunky DI, Inspector Andy Horton. And thank you for buying so many of my books.


I've spoken at many WI meetings now and have been welcomed at each one.  I'd love to speak at the Women's Institute National Conference.  Please contact me if you'd like me to speak at that event or at any other event you might be organising. In my past business life I was a professional conference speaker and trainer so it gives me the perfect chance to get back on stage and talk about something I am passionate about, writing, and  (hopefully) entertain people.

My next public appearance is at the Oxfam Books and Music Shop in Fareham, Hampshire where I will officially kickstart the annual Oxfam BookFest on 3 July. I will be there between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30.a.m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.