I'm helping to organise an event combining crime fiction and crime fact with some great crime writers lined up and the police

I've got a meeting today with my local independent bookseller, the Hayling Island Bookshop and Portsmouth Central Library.  We are hoping to organise an exciting new event to take place at the beginning of November which will be a Crime and the City Event, combining crime fiction and fact. 

We've already got a great line up of crime authors as well as the detective in charge of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight real crime scene investigations team (hopefully he won't be called away to investigate a real crime on that day!) I'm not sure of the format yet, it is going to be discussed, and it's possible we'll have other real crime investigators on board. 

It's an event that we are hoping will attract crime fiction fans, writers, and those who are interested in real crime, not committing it I hasten to add, but who are curious about the facts behind investigations.  Writing crime novels myself I do a lot of research with the police, who are extremely helpful and there is a great deal of information available on the Internet.

I'll let you know more details about the event as it unfolds, but provisionally it is to take place on Saturday 6 November at Portsmouth Central Library.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.