Crimefest - Photos Part Three - My Publisher's Drinks Party

It's not everyday I get invited to a publisher's party and when it happened to be my publisher, Severn House, how could I possibly refuse!

Drinks with my publisher followed  the announcement of the shortlist for the CWA Dagger Awards at Crimefest on Friday 20 May. 

Had a fantastic time and while there with my fellow crime writer and panelist, Linda Regan and her lovely husband, the accomplished actor Brian Murphy (Linda is also a fantastic actress) we met up with Paul Barber who had just finished filming for Casualty. He's also been in Coronation Street and many of you will remember and love him as Denzil in the all time great Only Fools and Horses and in The Full Monty.

Paul had a very tough upbringing raised in foster homes, not unlike my fictional character, DI Andy Horton, so it was uncanny really meeting him.  He's also written a very moving book about his experiences, Foster Kid.

Paul Barber, Linda Regan Brian Murphy and Pauline Rowson


Pauline Rowson with Edwin Buckhalter Chairman of Severn House Publishers




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.