Third revisions just finished on DI Horton crime novel number eight, on with fourth revisions

Yesterday I finished the third revisions of the DI Andy Horton marine mystery crime novel number eight in the series and I started on the fourth revision.

The third revision consisted of firming up the ending and making sure I had the right killer in the right place at the right time and for the right reason! The fourth revision will now consist of ensuring that all the clues are in the correct place, all the questions are answered and everything ties in.  Following this it will be the fifth and hopefully final revisions to check that each phrase and word used is the right one before I send it to my editor. My deadline is January. 

I started work on this DI Andy Horton police procedural crime novel on 13 April 2011 and it took me four months to write the first draft. The second revision took me two months and the third six weeks. I have nine weeks until the end of January, so plenty of time, and fingers crossed and a fair wind I will complete it (and be happy with it) before then. So on with the revisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.