Photographs from an entertaining crime panel event at Waterlooville Library, Hampshire

The crime panel event at Waterlooville Library in Hampshire held on 25 June, to help the celebrate the library's fortieth anniversary, was great fun.  It proved to be an entertaining and enjoyable event superbly moderated by Carol Westron, who herself is a writer and teaches creative writing.




From left to right: Fergus McNeill, Carol Westron, Dominic Ranger, Pauline Rowson 

Joining me on the panel were crime authors Fergus McNeill and Dominic Ranger.  It was lovely to work with them and I'm sure we will work together again at a future literary event.




Dominic Ranger, Pauline Rowson, Fergus McNeill

 Carol asked us questions about our crime novels and our crime writing.  This was followed by a refreshment break when we signed copies of our novels. During the break the audience were invited to write down some questions to ask us.  This they duly did and Carol then put the questions to us.




Pauline Rowson talking about the DI Horton crime novels


I was asked if I was going to let DI Andy Horton fall in love, or at least have a successful relationship.  I answered cagily - maybe.


 
I was also asked how helpful were the police when I was only just starting out writing the DI Horton series and the answer is extremely.  Hampshire Police have always been very helpful and co-operative not only during the early stages of my writing career but also now.  I'm also very grateful for the assistance Hampshire Police give with me with proving panelists for CSI Portsmouth.







It was a very enjoyable evening and I'd like to thank the staff of Waterlooville Library, Hampshire for organising the event and to the audience for coming.
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.