Pauline Rowson entertains mystery readers from America with tales of her crime novels

I was delighted to entertain a group of mystery readers from America on the 9 May 2018 who were on a visit to England taking in many literary places including the area where the Inspector Andy Horton police procedural crime novels and the Art Marvik mysteries are set.


Crime author Pauline Rowson talking to Mystery Reads Group USA on their visit to England

 The Inspector Andy Horton police procedural series (13) is set in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight and the group from various areas of the USA who were visiting the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, learned how that was one of the settings for my crime novel, Undercurrent, where the body of a naval historian is found dead in number one dock, the home of the First World War ship, HMS M33.


Pauline Rowson explaining idea for her DI Andy Horton crime novel Undercurrent

 
The Hard, Portsmouth Harbour, the Solent and the Isle of Wight are all settings for my crime novels and the group were looking forward to seeing all those places where Inspector Horton battles to solve his crimes.

The Mystery Reads Group were also scheduled to visit Dorset and the Jurassic Coast including the famous Cobb at Lyme Regis, featured in the Art Marvik mystery, Dangerous Cargo.

I explained how I plot my multi-layered crime novels and create my fictional characters, after which I answered questions from the audience before undertaking a book signing.


Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels for Mystery Reads Group USA

I was thrilled to meet the group and honoured that they were keen to hear me speak about my crime novels and to visit the places where my fictional detective Andy Horton and my undercover investigator, Art Marvik, have trod.   I was delighted that many of them were fans of my crime novels and it was fun to talk in depth with them about my troubled hero, Andy Horton, and hear how much they enjoy reading my books.

Where to buy
Pauline Rowson's books at The Book Depository (free worldwide delivery)
Pauline Rowson's books USA
Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.