Pauline Rowson entertains Christchurch Library with tales of her fictional crime busting heroes

I was delighted to be invited to talk to the audience at Christchurch Library on Wednesday 10 October, as part of Libraries Week, about my crime novels and my crime fiction heroes, the flawed and rugged DI Andy Horton and undercover investigator, Art Marvik a former Royal Marine Commando.

Christchurch Library Pauline Rowson entertaining audience with tales of her crime fiction heroes

I explained how locations along the south coast of England provide the inspiration for my crime novels of which there are now nineteen and how I turn these ideas into multi-layered and gripping plots.
 

Christchurch Library - Pauline Rowson talking about her crime novels

The Inspector Andy Horton police procedural series is set in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight; and the three Art Marvik mystery thrillers are set along the south coast including the Jurassic coast of Dorset and the Downs of East Sussex, Beachy Head and Cuckmere Haven. My two standalone thrillers are also set on the south coast of England.
 

Christchurch Library - Pauline Rowson talking about crime writing







Christchurch Library Pauline Rowson demonstrating her plot lines

I talked about how I develop my plot lines by creating a storyboard; how I create my characters using spidergrams and how I research the police procedure and the forensic aspects of my multi-layered crime novels, gratefully acknowledging the assistance of Hampshire constabulary, the crime of scene officers, Hampshire fingerprint bureau, investigating offices and the police marine unit.
 
Following my talk there was a lively question and answer session and a book signing.  It was a pleasure to be back at Christchurch Library where I gave a talk ten years ago not long after I was first published. Back in 2008 I had five novels to my name now it's nineteen.  The audience as usual were lovely and it was a treat to meet so many DI Andy Horton fans.

Pauline Rowson signing copies of her crime novels

 Where to buy


Pauline Rowson's books at The Book Depository (free worldwide delivery)

Pauline Rowson's books USA

Pauline Rowson's books UK

From your local bookshop


Also available as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle, Kobo and for loan from UK, USA, Irish and Commonwealth libraries


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.