FAQ-Why do you always write from the male point of view?

When an author first starts writing much of it is trial and error until he/she finds what suits them best.  And so it was with me.  My early unpublished attempts were at writing historical sagas, switching the story between a female lead character and a male lead character.  When these failed to find a publisher and when I suddenly woke up to the fact that all my sagas contained a crime element I abandoned sagas and wrote a suspense novel primarily with a female lead.  This got me an agent  (so I was at last on the right track) but failed to find me a publisher. The agent very quickly dropped me.  So back to the drawing board.

I realized that I enjoyed writing more from the male character's view point than I did the female.  I'm not sure why. Many people have asked me and the answer is I don’t really know, maybe it’s because I like male heroes. I don't think it matters, it just happens to be my style! That being said there are, of course, some very strong females in my novels.

As I continued I found myself far more attracted to telling the story from the male character's point of view.  

Read more ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you like Peter James, John Harvey, Ann Cleeves and Peter Robinson you'll like Pauline Rowson's crime novels

Marvik is about to face his biggest challenge in mystery thriller FATAL DEPTHS, no 4 in the series.